Further to my update on 15th May I wish to reaffirm that the club premises remain closed for all activities.
We have had reports of a number of incidents at the Memorial Ground:
- younger folk climbing over locked gates to gain access
- people wanting to train at the side of the pitch
- people in cars parking up “to chill”
- cycle tyre tracks on the re-seeded pitch
- wanton damage to club resources
To provide reassurance to club members and local residents, these have been reported to Merseyside Police who will now visit our premises more regularly in their patrols.
We continue to follow the Government advice in response to the pandemic and will open our grounds when it is safe for all. When we know more, further announcements will be made.